Wednesday 30 October 2013

Summary of my inquiry

The purpose of my inquiry is to investigate and understand how autistic spectrum disorder can affect a child's experience of a live theatrical production.  To investigate and understand what provisions are in place to formulate and adapt a theatrical experience for children with autistic spectrum disorder.  To evaluate if there is sufficient provision out there for those new to the field to learn from and in turn develop their practice.

My main questions are as follows:

What are the key dimensions of a child's experience of a live theatrical performance?

How does autistic spectrum disorder effect a child's experience of a live theatrical performance?

What practices are in place to formulate and adapt a theatrical performance for children with autistic spectrum disorder?

Is there sufficient provisions available to those new to the field to learn from and develop their practice?

Please let me know if this summary and my questions are clear? It is easy to get caught up in my own work and processes and I would appreciate any outside opinion.

Thanks

Hollie x

2 comments:

  1. Hollie your inquiry is coming along and repurposing the questions is helpful to the inquiry process. I think you also sent these to me in an email - it is the last one here that relates to your practice. This version of the question is a bit open ended - is there sufficient provision? but I think I know what you mean… you have already been able to learn from others in the field - so what does a person need to do to find that provision?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paula! To be honest the last question is more of an outcome from my findings of the other questions rather than something I am directly researching as there is not sufficent time. Do I need a question that directly relates back to my practice? I have actually found out that I am going to be a part of putting on a relaxed (autism-friendly) performance during my acting job over christmas, could my question relate to the role of an actor in the adapting, formulating process?

      Also did you see my question about having literature notes that are not formulated in terms of harvard refrencing as an appendix?

      Thank you!

      Hollie

      Delete